Monthly Archives: January 2013
In the last decade, there has been a sharp surge in the number of people with drug and alcohol addiction globally. That is why more and more rehab centres are being constructed for the treatment of addicts with dependence on prescribed and illegal drugs and substances. After analysing the sign of withdrawal, it becomes necessary for all of us to take addicts to good and established rehab centres. At rehabs, the thing that matters the most is the availability of highly skilled and professional team that know what makes a real difference.
It is quite clear that a rehab is a residential treatment for drug and alcohol problems that helps addicts to alleviate their dependency on harmful and toxic elements and substances including alcohol, heroin, cocaine and cannabis. The best benefit of rendering a rehab program to addicts is the availability of therapeutic environment in the presence of experts and professionals such as consultant psychiatrists, addiction therapists and consultants, psychotherapists, caregivers and nurses, cognitive behavioural therapists and specialists, family therapists, physical exercise coaches and trainers. Under the guidance and supervision of these experts, addicts confirm a speedy and fast recovery indicating signs of better output and results in terms of health and mind.
When it comes to treating and diagnosing the mental disorders of addicts in an effective manner, good rehabs offer services of consultant psychiatrists that guide and suggest psychiatric medication giving relief to exhausted mind. Recovery from mental problems can be ensured if it is supported by the advice of consultant psychiatrists and therapists. Improvement in mental health needs services of psychotherapists. That is why you find specialist psychotherapists at all good rehabs guaranteeing addicts a sharp change in their behaviour and communication. No addicts can ensure timely recovery from his/her mental illness if he/she is not cared by dutiful attendants and nurses that offer their intensive care and attention at a stretch. Study and analysis of dysfunctional emotions, behaviors, and cognitions play a major role in the treating of addiction dependence. That is why cognitive behavioural specialists come out to the rescue of addicts by solving their mental issues and conflicts at a rehab centre near you. Family therapists encourage addicts to reunite with their friends and family so that they can develop a formidable relationship. It also opens ways for connecting to the main stream of the life. Finally, it is a physical exercise coach that improves the physical health of addicts with his/her fruitful solutions.
An advisor or specialist can be a person, company, institute or group with specialisation and knowledge in a particular area. An advisor offers its official or professional advice to its new as well as existing clients on various issues so that they can come out of their difficulties and tensions in an amicable manner. In all sorts of industry, we need to take experts’ advice and guidance so that we can make a difference.
In the medical industry, an addiction advisor is a consultant that checks all ins and outs of an addict and his/her association with the addiction and comes out with a decision favouring the welfare of the addict. This advice helps addicts get the right treatment and the right rehabilitation center. If you are going to have the service of any addiction advisor, you can check the value and potential of the advisor through below mentioned factors:
- First of all, make sure the advisor you are looking for should be qualified and possess a valid medical degree showing his or her competence in the addiction advisory and guidance.
- Prior experience and knowledge of the advisor in his/her concerned field matters the most as these two facts are the basis that decide the ability of the advisor to serve addicts with the right guidance and suggestions.
- A good advisor always comes out with a tailor-made treatment plan. Good advisors never treat all addicts with the same approach because the treatment needs and wants of all advisors are not same. The level of addiction to psychoactive substances could be different in addicts. That is why a proper treatment plan can’t be implemented on all of them equally.
- Prior to offering any sort of suggestion to addicts, good advisors always study the mental as well as physical condition of the addicts such as withdrawal symptoms so that they can decide what fits them the most.
- A professional and expert advisor always understands what is demanded and expected by the addicts and his friends and families when they come to its doorsteps to get a solution to end the woes of cocaine addiction. Advisors recognise that each person has different needs and treat them accordingly.
- An expert advisor refers addicts to different drug treatment centres after examining them. That is why a good advisor leaves no stone unturned to do his/her best to bring the best results and recovery for the addicts.
Most of the people don’t realise the signs and related symptoms of drug addiction until someone in their life admits to being a drug addict. But this is too late in many cases to prevent the damage caused by the drug addiction to the addict and those around them. A general definition of drug addiction is that state in which the user is no longer in control of its drug use. Under the influence of drugs, that person is unable to make decisions correctly, thus, is not able to lead a normal life.
Various signs of drug addiction may vary depending on the type of drug being abused, while most of the drugs or methods of drug use can provide clear signs of drug addiction. To understand this, take the example of an addict who injects heroin. The most evident signs of drug addiction in this case are the presence of injection equipment like a syringe, lighter and a burned spoon with them.
While at other times, it is quite harder to spot the signs of drug addiction. Related signs of drug addiction have to be measured with addiction symptoms and other information that might point toward if the drug addiction is an issue. You can find both psychological and physical drug addiction signs and symptoms in drug addicts.
Common signs of drug addiction include:
- Unexplained expenditures
- Legal problems relating to drug use
- Secretive behaviour or lying
- Disciplinary action at work or school
- Mood swings, depression, anger, aggression, violence
- Forgetfulness and frequent illness
- Presence of drug paraphernalia
- Using room deodorizers for covering drug smells in the air
- Trying to get others to use drugs or being around other drug users
- Choosing drug use over all else, giving up previously enjoyed activities
General drug addiction symptoms
Since drug addiction problem is both a physical as well as psychological issue, both physical and psychological drug addiction symptoms can be seen in a drug addict.
Various related drug addict symptoms are:
- Unusual behaviour
- Hallucinations and frequent blackouts
- Change in responsiveness
- Changes in heart rate, breathing and blood pressure
- Heart, lung and other organ damage
- Confusion, sleepiness, coma
- Abdominal pain, vomiting, constipation, diarrhoea
- Infertility, sexual dysfunction